Thursday, October 22, 2015

Introducing . The Valley Blouse






I once told a friend, while in deep conversation about fashion, that I just LOVED when clothes hung off of me.  This hadn't ever been something that I had spent any amount of time thinking about, it was just a slip of the tongue which gave me pause and a revealing moment of clarity about myself.  In that moment, I realized this was completely true without my intention ever taking focus on it.  

It's just "my style".


I think the Valley Blouse is a perfect manifestation of "my style" which I hope to relate to with you.  I want to feel good in my clothes, and I want to look good.  I don't want to have to struggle to find a balance or compromise one for the other.  This is why I love blouses and I'm sure the reason you love them too.  


The Valley Blouse scooped neck line shows off one of the most beautiful parts of a woman's body without compromising modesty.  The slight gathers around the bust line give the blouse a look that says "I'm expensive" without ya know...being rude about it.  And my favorite parts of the blouse are the gathered sleeves which give the blouse some whimsy.  


The names of all my patterns comes from some small aspect of my life that is generally happening at the time of design.  The name for the Valley Blouse came about from the name of the small town that my family I moved to over this last US summer.  The name of this small town, Long Valley.


My husband, who doubles as my photographer, and I took these pictures in the early morning after dropping off my son at school.  The building with this gorgeous wall is over 100 years old and houses a gorgeous antique shop which I probably spend too much time in.  

 

The Valley Blouse has been an absolute thrill to design and draft.  After a very long time away from all my creative outlets during our move, I've relished in making this my favorite blouse to wear.  

I hope you love it as much as I do!

xo
Sarah



TESTERS

My testers are the most amazing, and creatively dedicated women out there.  There is just no way that any of these design could make it to print without their incredible love of sewing, fashion, and design. I feel so lucky to have their unrelenting support in making this the best pattern and tutorial that I've put out.  

Some of woman who have already had their hands all over this thing, and probably made nine of them in the process, before any one else, have agreed to let me share with you their results.


I'm sure you recognize Angie.  She is a powerhouse of sewing.  I sent her the first draft of the Valley Blouse and literally 30 minutes later she sent me pictures of her first muslin.  Whatever brand coffee she drinks, we all need some of that in our lives.  

You MUST follow Angie on her blog at Edith and Eloise and on Instagram at the code name ANGIE.BURGETT










April has tested many times for me before, but this was the first time that when she sent in her pictures of the fit, I literally thought I was looking at pictures of myself.  Call it brain overload, or call it for what it is.  We look alike.  

April takes amazing pictures and has a super packed blog with loads of handmade inspiration and recipes!   Follow her blog at modernfoodie.blogspot.com and on IG at the code name APRILJBOYER

v





Cate's another veteran with CFC.  I like working with her because we always end up making some slight modification thats specific to her body type but that we all can benefit from in the final design.  Her initial results always throw me for a curve ball, and it's the compromise between her results and the results of others that give us a good common ground on the fit.  

Cate's huge devotion to the sewing community is recorded on her gorgeous blog From Whole Cloth and you can also see what's she's up to on Instagram at code name FROMWHOLECLOTH




Now, if you have not heard of Rebel and Malice, stop reading and visit her BLOG now.

Ok, now that you know I'm sure you want to be friends with Melissa too.  I love surrounding myself with creative types and I'm sure Melissa would be great company.  She really knows herself and although I know it isn't that easy, the way she pulls together looks and fabrics appears effortless.

You've got to keep up with Melissa!  Find he on Instagram, code name - REBELANDMALICE








Andreia, another soldier of handmade, is making a big mark on the sewing community.  With her blog, In a Manner of Sewing,  she demonstrates her love of handmade level on a global level.  She's got this finesse about her that really inspires me and I love working with her.  

Andreia's dreaming about a never ending bobbin thread on her instagram account at ANDSALGUEIRO and you must go see!







Stay tuned for our next blog on the Valley Blouse for girls!

1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern so much! It's so me.... Can't wait to sew one!

    ReplyDelete